Friday, July 30, 2010

July 2010

July the Month of Motherhood


Normally July makes me think of fire crackers, sunshine, and tomatoes.  This July had all of those, but mostly it was a time for me to start to learn about being a mom (I know that it will be a lifetime of learning).  I've found motherhood to be like a really good movie.  Everyone tells you that it is good, but you don't realize how good it is until you experience it for yourself.

I get more and more thankful for having God's wisdom and guidance for life.  The Bible constantly gives me direction for what to make my life about and how to got about it.  And when I still don't know what to do, ask God!  What a privilege!  "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

Random Cute Baby Picture #1

 White Whole Wheat Flour
Cooking with Grandma Patsy
Instead of a recipe this month, I am sharing an ingredient, white whole wheat flour.  I know that the name doesn't make much since.  But what I  also know that it is lighter than whole wheat flour and better for you than white flour.  When visiting my parents we made some homemade pizza dough with it that turned out really good.  Try it out and let me know how it goes.

Lark Rise to Candleford
While resting and recovering during the first couple weeks of motherhood my mom brought DVDs of a BBC series called Lark Rise to Candleford for me to watch.  I recommend it for people that like period pieces and stories about small towns where people care for eachother.  It is sweet, heartwarming, and funny.  And they do a better job of lighting than most BBC series! 

Random Cute Baby Picture #2
The Blind Side

I know that I'm a year behind everyone else, but I'm reading the book the Blind Side and will soon watch the movie.  I am enjoying the book.   It is really well written, inspiring, and easy to read while nursing.  I do have to admit to skimming some of the detailed football history!

Random Cute Baby Picture #3
Clothe Diapers

We have been using clothe diapers with Lily and have really enjoyed using them.  It saves a lot of money and hasn't been a pain.  The clothe wipes that I sewed have worked out really well also.  If anyone is wanting to know more about using them please let me know. 

3 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Awe, Lily is so precious! Glad you are enjoying this new season of life. It only gets better!

Luke said...

Awesome Blog!

Love my girls...

Luke

Grace Schmidt said...

Yes,Brig! I would like to know more about the cloth diapers - we wanted to do cloth with Gabe, but the money never was there (yes,you save money one them over time,but you have to buy them upfront....) but am still wanting to for Number 2 coming along in Feb. The biggest thing for me with cloth is that you have to soak them until they get washed. Is that what you do? And if so, how do you do this conveniently without making a fermenting "poopie stew??" Sorry to be gross, but really! Love you!! And you daughter is priceless!!!!