Hello Friends! I have enjoyed a happy but busy March. Here are some things I would love to share with you.
1. The Baby
Luke and I continue to look forward in excitement to our little girl coming in only 2 months!
2. Cool People Laugh at This Video
This You Tube video has had me laughing this week. It is a true paradox. Guys love watching movies with explosions, but the men in movies never watch the explosions, therefore: "Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions".
3. Oh, the Joy!
Two different things I have been thinking a lot about lately is the resurrection of Jesus Christ and also preparing myself mentally for my upcoming labor. When I was reading the Bible in John 16 these two different topics intertwined in a way that surprised and encouraged me. This section in John is when Jesus was talking to his disciples right after the last supper.
16"A little while, and you will no longer see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me." 17Some of His disciples then said to one another, "What is this thing He is telling us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?" 18So they were saying, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do not know what He is talking about." 19Jesus knew that they wished to question Him, and He said to them, "Are you deliberating together about this, that I said, 'A little while, and you will not see Me, and again a little while, and you will see Me'? "Truly, truly, I say to you, that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will grieve, but your grief will be turned into joy. 21"Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world. 22"Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you."
When I have a thought dreading the labor and work involved of delivering my baby, I try to remember the joy that I will have because a child will be born into the world. And then I remember the even greater joy I can have right now because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead!
4. Who Said Oatmeal Cookies Couldn't be Yummy?
My new recipe for this month is Chocolate Cherry Cookies. I love how this recipe uses whole grains and are delicious. You don't have to force yourself to eat these cookies! I froze half of them and have them stored in the freezer. Then I microwave one for 25 seconds, and the chocolate and cherries get all gooey, perfect!
Chocolate Cherry Cookies
From Cooking Light Jan/Feb 2010
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter melted
3/4 cup brown sugar or raw cane sugar
1 cup dried cherries * (you could reduce this to 3/4 cup, or do a combination of raisins and cherries)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg lightly beaten
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Stir together, flours, oats, baking soda, and salt.
3. Stir sugar with melted butter till smooth. Add to flour mixture. Beat until well blended. Add cherries, vanilla, and egg. Beat till combined. Fold in chocolate.
4. Drop by the tablespoon on baking sheets that have cooking spray.
5. Bake for for 12 minutes.
5. "The Music Within"
This movie about the man behind the writing of the Americans with Disabilities Act was funny, moving, interesting, and made me very thankful for how far we have come as a society.
6. A Late Bloomer Just on Time
Two years ago on Mothers Day I was at a brunch where they gave all the mothers an African violet plant. They had left overs, so they gave one to me. In the last two years it hasn't bloomed once. And then out of no where it bloomed, right before I am about to become a mother. How beautiful!
Next month I hope to have pictures of our nursery and our gardens. Enjoy April!


4 comments:
Brigette, I can't believe your baby is coming so soon! At least, it seems soon to me, probably not as much to you haha! That is so exciting!
And that cookie recipe looks delish! I can't wait to try it.
Thanks Amy! You're right, it doesn't seem soon to me. I have been learning that 9 months is a long time! I can't wait to meet my baby!
I loved your picture at the top here of you and Luke!! And I can't wait to see him making that face at his little girl!! And, yes, labor is hard, and it's work, but it's only one day (less then a day really) and then you have a child for the rest of your life. And as for the work part of it - I prepared myself mentally for it being "the hardest work you will ever do." But, really, when you are in labor, there's not much you can do effort wise to help what your body is already doing. That was hard for me. I wanted to help it and work harder to get things to do what they needed to do.... but I couldn't. So, for me, the challenge was not so much how hard I was to work, but rather, how patient I could be for my body to do it's thing and for me to stay calm.
I love you Brig!! And want to come visit once you have her!
~Grace
The cookie recipe is very good! When I was done visiting recently I had one right from the freezer to the microwave to me! Mmmmmmmm! Of course it was fun because I was sharing it with Brigette on her back porch!
That is so true what you shared Grace!! Take it to heart Brigette!
LOVE-MOM
Post a Comment