Monday, November 29, 2010

November

Happy November!
We had professional pictures taken of our little girl.  Titus has a photography business called Made in Mufreesboro  and a photography blog The Obvious.  Taking pictures with a baby is a lot of work!  Thanks Titus!




Hiking
We went on our first family hike this month.  It was extra special because it was the Fiery Gizzard trail were Luke first told me that he knew he wanted to marry me.
 



Gardening



I've been reading "Sunflower Houses" by Sharon Lovejoy.  This book gives ideas for making a garden inviting to children.  We are going to do a garden expansion in our backyard this spring, and I wan to think about it being very child friendly.  According to the book, children like flowers that look like they have faces.  So I planted some pansies in planter boxes.  In Tennessee pansies last fall through spring, which was a surprise for this Midwest girl!










 
Bible
This last week I have enjoyed being thankful to God for so many blessings in my life.  On Sunday I was encouraged further to see the importance of being thankful to God, giving God glory and giving God praise.  Here are some verses in Psalm 147. 
  1 Praise the LORD!For it is good to sing praises to our God;
   for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting.
3He heals the brokenhearted
   and binds up their wounds.
4He determines the number of the stars;
   he gives to all of them their names.
5Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;
    his understanding is beyond measure.

 7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
   make melody to our God on the lyre!
10His delight is not in the strength of the horse,
   nor his pleasure in the legs of a man,
11but the LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him,
   in those who hope in his steadfast love.
Verse 7 encouraged me to want to play my auto harp more often in praise and thanks to God.  Verse 11 encouraged me to see what God says is important and to make that important to me.  On Sunday I was also reminded that what God gave in my savior Jesus Christ is something I could never get for myself.  I am very thankful indeed. 

Movie
We've been watching DVD's from our library of the TV show "All Creatures Great and Small".  It is about a veterinarian named James Herriot in Brittan.  Funny and sweet.














I hope that you are doing well.   Please share. What has been encouraging you to be thankful this month?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, have you read the books All Creatures Great and Small? They are GREAT books!!

I'm thankful for my little girl, she makes the holidays so special!!

-Candice

Brigette said...

I haven't read the books yet, but I really should. I have heard from many people that they are great books.

Your right Candice, people are the best part of the holidays, far better than material things.