Friday, October 7, 2011

Learn and Play Group Begins



Recently I started a Learn and Play Group at our home.  It has been so much fun!  6 children ages ranging from ages 4 years old to 10 months old get together with their mothers for a little over an hour.  We sit in a circle, read some short books, sing 2-3 songs, do a craft/art project and then have play time.  I've found that doing these activities with a group rejuvenates me to do these type of learning activities with my 1 year old the rest of the week.

It has been a fun challenge to come up with activities that can benefit all of the age ranges on some level. Especially craft/art projects with young ones that are still exploring with their mouth!  So far we made edible finger paint (recipe), homemade playdough that is non-toxic (recipe), and shake and see bottles.  None of the crafts went how I envisioned, but we had fun and I think it was still a learning experience for the kids.

1 comment:

Niña said...

i love taking the kids to play groups :)happy holidays!!hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i'm also hosting 2 rad giveaways! bracelets worn by kourtney kardashian, courtney cox and vanessa hudgens! check it! xo