Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sewing: Taggy Blanket

Babies love to find tags on blankets and toys to play with them.  Taggy blankets provide babies with an over abundance of tags to touch and explore.  I made my first taggy blanket for a friend from high school that just had a baby boy.


Again, this project reinforced from me that sewing in squares or rectangles is one of the easiest things to do.  Despite looking at this tutorial, I still almost sewed the tags inside the blanket instead of outside the blanket!  I'm so thankful that in sewing that we can redo mistakes and are not stuck with them!  One side of the blanket was minky material (the bumpy side), which was more difficult to work with than I expected, but it still came together.


1 comment:

Andrew Cushingham said...

This is ingenious... Autumn needs something like this so I am not constantly helping her find the one tag on her big blanket.