| Learning how to feed herself! |
| Baby Porridge |
Recipe:
1/3 cup uncooked whole grain (I've used brown rice, or millet, or groats, or wheat berries, or spelt, etc)
2 T dried beans (I've used white beans, large lima beans, lentils, garbanzo beans, or red beans)
2 cups water
Note: I usually stick with one type of bean and one type of whole grain per batch. My favorite combination is brown rice with white beans. It has a nice creaminess to it.
1. Put grain and beans in a food processor and process for to 2 minutes.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a small saucepan. Add in the grain/bean powder and stir with a whisk.
3. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered, stirring every couple of minutes.
4. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
| Baby Porridge mixed with fruit. |
I got the recipe from "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron.
I would love to hear what is, or was your favorite baby food recipe to make!

2 comments:
Sounds yummy. Since mine is more into solids, my fave food for her is whole wheat penne with all natural marinara, peas, zucchini and spinach. I also got this new book The sneaky chef so I'll let you know (through my blog) how it is and which recipes are great. Hope you are doing well!
I think I will be trying this out this coming week! Thanks again for posting!
Post a Comment