Thursday, August 18, 2011

Book: South of Superior

Snap shot of 7 month's pregnant: a little sewing, a little reading, with my little one by my side!
I recently enjoyed reading South of Superior by Ellen Airgood.  Some of the things that I enjoyed about this sweet book:
  •  While you follow one main character, there is a whole cast of different types of characters that she gets to know in the small town.  I love books and movies that involve many different types of people coming together on something that they have in common.
  • It takes place a little in Chicago.  It was fun to read references to my old stomping ground of Chicago.
  • Most of the book took place in Michigan's upper peninsula.  It was fun to learn more about a region I only know vaguely about.  I feel like I have a better handle of what life up there is like.
  • The main character grew and changed.  And it had a positive ending.  Yes, I'm one of those people that likes a happy ending.
  • Thanks to my friend Janet for recommending it.  It is so nice to be friends with a librarian who has good taste!

No comments: