1. San Juan
A card game version of Puerto Rico. It is easy to set up, doesn't take to long, but involves some nice strategy.
2. Pass The Pigs
A dice game, where the dice are pigs. A fun and lighthearted game. How can you get too serious about pigs? We were given a travel game for our wedding and have had fun taking the game on hiking and camping trips. But to be completely honest, this game doesn't work that well when hiking. Scoring how the pigs land is done best on a true flat surface, which is hard to come by in the "wild". But that brings me back to "Really, how can you get too serious about pigs?"
3. Ticket To Ride
In Ticket to Ride you get the satisfaction of building something, in this case long train routes across America. I like games were even if you loose, you still feel like you accomplished something. Also, this game lends itself to making a fun soundtrack. Make a play list of songs about different cities and also songs about trains and you are in for a fun time.
4. Agricola
This is one of my favorites. But beware, it takes lots of strategy, lots of little parts, and lots of time. But I love it! Each person is raising a family, building a home and producing livestock. Sounds simple, but there are so many different ways you can go to try to win.
5. Bohnanza
Affectionately known as "the bean game". Lower on the strategy end. Higher on the social end. There are different types of beans that you plant, harvest and trade. In the two player version trading doesn't come into play quite as much, but it is still fun.6.Carcassonne
In this game it is all about building and tile placement. You are building castles, cathedrals, pastures and roads. I think I would like this game even more if Luke didn't out maneuver me at the end every time!
7. Alhambra
This game is also all about building and tile placement, but in a different way than Carcassonne (meaning, sometimes I can beat Luke at this game). Alhambra is quick and easy to learn but can still involve a lot of strategy.
8.Dominion
A game that is all about card play and building your dominion, in a lord of the manor sort of way. I was reluctant to try this game for a long time due to there being a witch and curses involved. But I then learned that you don't have to ever use the witch and curse cards. This is the only game on the list that I have played for less than a year, so in a funny way my feelings about it aren't as strong.
Do you have a favorite two player game?







No comments:
Post a Comment